Monday, December 5, 2016

Hiking Atop the World, in Quartzsite Arizona



Just thought I'd share this short clip with you. I hiked up both jeep roads and game trails to reach this perch. Its amazing how far one can see, which is one reason I always bring a survival pack and water. You never know how far you'll go, trying to reach that distant summit.

Contrary to my normal spontaneity, I also told the guys at the visitor center I was heading to yonder view. They nodded. When I returned several hours later to check in, they only smiled. Most have ATVs. Crazy hikers are rare as water here in the vast desert.


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hello and glad to see you still active in your writing and adventures. I was part of the small group from the "Chat Free or Die" yahoo group decades ago. I was "Scottyskywalker_KY" I plan to "wander" more when I retire but for now I just section hike, mostly on the AT.

    ReplyDelete