Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Time to Gear Up

Winter sales have begun and its time to gear up. So, after reviewing my present winter gear I decided to buy a few items. Along with an orange stocking cap I bought snow pants.


 
Features include: Single Welt zip pockets, Elastic Waistband at sides. Side zip with gusset, interior storm cuffs, rubberized snaps, elastic suspenders, webbing grip strap. Price tag $49.99. Found at Sports Authority at 50 % off, these Slalom Low Bib pants were a "steal".

 
They have Weather Guard: waterproof, windproof and breathable. The back bib will prevent cold air from rushing up into layers as I build snow caves, etc. On the fashion side, they fit perfectly and look good with blaze orange!

 
My current gear is under inspection and repair. A favorite jacket of mine is the Brooks Range Down jacket. My two complaints: no hood and the wimpy side pocket zippers which blew out after one season. Yesterday I sewed the pockets shut after another pair of gloves slid out into the snow. This will prevent me from using the pockets and also keep body warmth closer because the gaping unzipped pockets allowed single layer exposure to the elements.
 
To read more about the Search and Rescue last week up at Idaho City, check out my other blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment