Friday, October 12, 2012

Shopping List for the Man Camp

Preparing to move up to Lake Yellowstone for my new job, cooking at the Man Camp, I went to Bozeman first thing yesterday morning.

I had a huge shopping list, many hundred dollars in cash and two credit cards. I got everything I wanted, and then some.

Ok, here's what I bought, and some specs:

First and foremost, a pair of awesome back country skis from Play it Again Sports on Oak Street. The guys really were good to me, helping me pick out a pair of barely used Karhu XCD skis. The boots are BC7 by Cockpit. Don't ask me who these companies are. I never heard of them, but the quality of this gear is evident. The skis have metal edges, perfect instant release, and are waxless. Now, I'm used to waxing, so the guy threw in some glide wax for me. He tested for proper length and camber  Smear on, buff, go!

I bought Thinsilate Mittens, a supper long knit scarf, 6 pairs of wool-wool blend socks, 900 minutes for my cell phone (service if you climb Elephant Back), minus 5 boots, (cause the ones I wanted were not in my size and I couldn't go home without any).

A sketch book and black ink pens, three new DVD movies, 5 tubes of tooth paste, laundry detergent, 8 bars of bar soap, 24 ounces each of olive oil (skin treatment) hair conditioner, shampoo and lotion.

Ok, then 12 rolls of toilet paper, and reading glasses. My two sets of polar fleece wear came from Cabellas, along with an Avalanche hoodie. I think I'll be warm with all the other gear I have on hand too.

We'll keep you posted on all this gear, how it holds up and the season's escapades. I have my chef's knives, my Culinary Arts Resource Book.

I've always wondered what it would be like to winter with tons of snow. Now I'll Know!

No comments:

Post a Comment