Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Journey Series-A New Look

 
Coming soon via Create Space: a print on demand option for e-books.
 
 
 
I wrote My Journey to Freedom and Ultralight Backpacking in 2003. You can still find a few of the first printing original paperback books, although its not easy.
Two years ago, I made my book available for Kindle or Nook Readers, through Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble in e-format.
You can also read this book on you laptop by downloading the free PC application which enables you to enjoy any e-book.
 
Within a month, I hope to have My Journey to Freedom and the second book in the Journey Series An Ultralighter's True Trail Stories-beyond the Journey available in paperback at Amazon.com.
 
The cookbook I wrote for camping and backpacking adventurers entitled Everything Except Corn Pasta  took its name as a tongue- in- cheek hats off to Ray Jardine. He is renown for his early years of promoting the consumption of corn pasta. If you've ever eaten corn pasta, you know how difficult it is to find in small stores while resupplying on the trail, or how difficult it is to cook it properly over a tiny backpacking stove.
 
In my second book, An Ultralighter's True Trail Stories- beyond the Journey, I talk about many more trails, their key characteristics, some stranger characters and some unusual adventures. By sharing these stories, I hope to warn, entertain and inspire others to leave their comfort zones behind and head out to face the elements.

 
A third book which I've just begun will be added to this string of books in the Journey Series.
 
 In Journeys and Random Free Spirits, I'll tell what really happened up at the Hold in Wyoming, a strange and dangerous bunker-survivalist encounter that lasted a week. I'll tell why I escaped and hid, sort of incognito, way up high, camping alone in Grizzly country, then bushwhacking in the Snowy Range, later meeting strangers for stranger adventures near Steamboat Springs.
 
 
Of course, the crazy hike along the Ennis Bypass should be included, with its long rainy 41 mile rush to shelter, an honorable mention going to the cowboy who invited me to dry out at his home. I declined and he said he understood when I said I was on a mission.
 
Included will be a stories of other encounters, hiking in the Monte Bell Range near Aspen, Colorado, a struggle for identity, taking on the role of the all seeing Black Feather for a week in Idaho,  then at last moving to Alaska with a job cooking for a ski resort.
 
The Journey is a series of outdoor and backpacking adventures, a maze of sorts, a strange time of discovery and decisions. I hope to do the theme justice.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the new book! Hope you are enjoying the beauty of Alaska. Wish I was there too. We are settling into the school year with band, swimming and girl scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're keeping busy, Flo.
    The book is definitely in Rough Draft mode, with the final chapter being this drive about to happen.

    Who knows, maybe I'll meet Big Foot hitchhiking and give him a ride!

    ReplyDelete