Thursday, February 3, 2011

Seam Seal A Sil Nylon Rainsuit?

I received an e-mail asking this question, and thought I'd share it with you.
I have used my sil nylon rain suit, and sewed them for others for many years. See my home page for more
http://trailquest.net/BRindex.html



Hello Brawny,

I have gained a great deal of knowledge from your book and website, thanks. As I am sewing up my gear for my great escape to the AT this spring, I had a question. Did you seam seal your rain suit?

Thanks so much for sharing your story,

--S



Hi S,

I did not seam seal it.
A little body moisture will build up inside of it anyways, I just wear a tank top underneath unless its really cold, then I wear fleece which drys so fast.
If you use the rain suit for vapor barrier, you can take it off, turn it inside out, and let the moisture evaporate.

Best wishes on your upcoming hike.
--Brawny

No comments:

Post a Comment