Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coleman Solar Shower Test

I found its much easier to take a solar shower if you have an easy way to raise it high.
I installed this heavy duty hook years ago, and decided to use it for my shower hook.
Sling it just as you would a bear bag, raise it to the height desired, and anchor the rope.

I put the water in the bag at 10 a.m. By 1 p.m. it was too warm! There is a warning printed right on the bag itself that temperatures may reach over 120. They have that right. I waited for it to cool a little, then enjoyed a nice shower. I had plenty of water to wash my hair as well.

This piece of gear is good for base camping or dry docking in remote areas. I didn't install a shower curtain because this area is very private already.

For $8 at Walmart, I can enjoy a hot shower, cost free.

No comments:

Post a Comment