Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Novel Is Published

Several years back I wrote and published my first book, My Journey to Freedom and Ultralight Backpacking.
It was all completely true account of my hikes and completion of the Pacific Crest Trail and the Appalachian Trail. As non fiction and a discussion of my ultralight techniques, it felt fairly straightforward, albeit, emotional at times.

Then I did the cookbook, Everything Except Corn Pasta. It too is non fiction. Both are available world wide via Kindle, and Kindle for PC at Amazon.com

On my drive home from the Tetons this summer, a story began fermenting in my mind. It took on a life of its own, and it is the first fiction novel I've published. You can see it at Kindle by clicking on this link:
Measured Response (Book 1 of the trilogy:End of Days)


Needless to say, I've learned a lot with this first book. It became an emotional out of body experience nearly. Well, like I said, nearly. This photo below sort of fits, so I inserted it for your amusement.



I found that each morning while hiking on my normal jaunts, the best ideas and "corrections" would take place. I started bringing a tiny notebook, and stopped mid stride to jot down  notes. Then, I'd go home and write. But it's not over.
The second book, Journey North, due out end of October, is a continuation of  this trilogy I call  End of Days. I've had to research and develop skills to incorporate them in these works of fiction, a passion of mine anyways.

May all your trails have meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment