Saturday, March 5, 2011

Never Wear Underwear

I just finished washing my car in the rain. A frugal, energy efficient way to accomplish this task:
One gallon of warm water with mild detergent, one wash cloth and a rainy day. You wash while the rain rinses.

Ok, so the subject today is inspired by a quote found online at
http://www.mensjournal.com/


One article is an interview with Bear Grylls.
Say what you will about the Man Vs. Wild series, there's good stuff to be found.

In the online article, Bear gives some great answers, among them the one on underwear:


What article of clothing should a man never wear?For me, it’s a distinct lack of underwear. I hate underwear. It feels stifling. My dad and I never wore underpants, and it drove my mum mad. Luckily, my wife is very forgiving.

I have to admit, in society, underwear can serve a purpose. Women and men look at it differently. For women, it can mean a fashion statement, they match, they incite, they cost much money.
For guys, it can mean less laundry over the long haul.

I never understood why hikers would wear them. Just one more layer to deal with getting dressed, when nature calls, or in trail towns.
I knew a thru hiker who actually used them. Found out when she had to pee in the Whites during a major storm. 'Nough said.

Anyways, girls, just be sure your shorts fit right and you're good. Guys, if you're wearing a kilt, watch how you sit when going commando. We know what you got. Don't want to see it all hanging, especially before supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment