Monday, September 5, 2011

Alaska Buget Details OMG

Many thanks to Kara who posted this trip review and listed the money she spent thouroughly enjoying 17 days in Alaska. Its an eye opener.
Alaska on a Budget 2007

I really appreciate her openness in the journal, sounds like she had a great time. Even getting her flight free with frequent flyer miles, she spent nearly $4,000 bucks. She traveled alone, stayed in hostels, rented a car.
I've got to do better.

I spent 2 weeks in Cozumel which is way cheaper. My cheap plane ticket, meals in a deli and free snorkeling helped keep the cost to below $ 1,000 in 2007. I split the cost of a nice budget motel room with my guy, so that wasn't too bad.

But, Alaska, wow. I'm going to plan that trip with more money available.
Things that used to be free, I'm told, are now being charged for. The shuttle bus, I'm told, was free to travel down that road in Denali to Wonder Lake with the admission to the park. It now is $40. I'm sure everything is higher than when my friend went in the 90s. So, I've been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment