Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ownership and Appreciation

video

While hiking along the Virgin River yesterday morning, I saw this object. I thought it was a large clam shell partly because of the coloring, but mostly because of the perfect halves.

I picked it up, wondering how a shell that big got to southern Utah. It was a rock!

I am not immune to souvenirs: the endless accumulations of stuff found in gift shops to remind us of a beloved vacation. For me, it's usually earrings, or a book. But even that I watch carefully, for possessions can clutter a life and dwelling so fast there's no room for living.

This perfectly split rock was laid back in its original spot along the shore. My souvenir is this short video.

1 comment:

  1. 一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。............................................................

    ReplyDelete