Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Site For Hikers Connecting

I found a copy of Sierra, a magazine put out by the Sierra Club free at our local thrift store. It is the July/August 2009 issue and I found it amazing, full of great articles, and a full page promo for http://www.sierraclubtrails.org
I expected the site to cater mostly to west coast folks, but it didn't. There is a whole section just on How-To articles. There are Groups, and if you don't see one to join, you can create your own. Granted, most of these groups don't have a lot of members yet, probably because they were just created.
There are forums, and places to create your own blog, add and write about your favorite trail, connect with community, check out upcoming activities.
I bookmarked it for my future enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment