Monday, October 18, 2010

Packless System-Part Two

Today we are analyzing all our available stuff sacks, the gear we plan to use, and taking measurements.

Because none of my available stuff sacks are very large, I'm going to make one tomorrow.

My pack is 14 inches wide, and I would like to have one central bag about 14 inches long by 4.5 inches deep. On that sack I will sew a mesh pocket for water bottles.


This video was made about a year ago showing how to make stuff sacks. Its really pretty easy and like all other skills, the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

I'm writing details on http://www.thefemalesurvivalist.blogspot.com

as well.

If you have an external frame pack that you are converting to a packless system, but do not want to sew bags, simply buy some large stuff sacks and be prepared to modify them with a little hand sewing of anchor points. We will show you how to do that tomorrow.

http://www.trailquest.net/BRpackless.html

has a trail tested review and results from my Pacific Crest Trail hike where I used this system for over 1500 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment