Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rusting Minds and Air Filters

"Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather become frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind"--Leonardo da Vinci

I love this quote. Leonardo, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci, has credibility in the Creative World.

Another favorite quote goes something like this: If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

The world needs some innovation. We're in a mess. Our current sources of power include oil, coal and nuclear. These things are hazardous.

For my part, I love the solar powered LED lights, my little '96 Geo Metro that just keeps on going, and a life style of voluntary simplicity.



The other day I finally got my air filter replaced. Because the car is 15 years old the part was a special order. Last time it was replaced it cost only $10. This time it was $20. The auto parts store guy put it on for me while I watched. Easy.
So, when I got the old one, it looked like the filter on my vacum cleaner. Its washable and reuseable. Its a no bag vacum cleaner and been going for years, a very excellent system.

One thought led to another until I decided to wash this air filter and see what happens.
After dumping out the dirty water, it is now drying. Looks like new.

Any of you car buffs out there want to warn me about using it on my car,please do. Once the brand new one gets dirty, about two years from now, I plan on trying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment